Who knew you could put wellness and desserts together? Sugar is usually packed in the mot delicious treats, but now there are yummy desserts that can keep us healthy.
This might sound impossible but it is for real. We have added CBD hemp oil or cannabidiol to our recipes while making use of ingredients that are oganic and low in fat. You’ll satisfy your craving for sweets while taking advantage of CBD’s medicinal properties.
For the uninformed, CBD is a non-psychoactive cannabinoid derived from hemp and marijuana. It won’t get you high unlike THC, but also comes with therapeutic benefits that can improve your well-being. You can buy it anywhere in the US as long as the THC levels are lower than 0.3% and you can even find CBD online.
Look for receipes that don’t need heat so you won’t loose the healing properties of CBD. We love our Apricot Strawberry Mini Tarts that don’t need any baking. Sweet and scrumptios, it is free of gluten and uses healthy ingredients like strawberries, organic apricots, almond butter and out flour. Don’t get intimidated by the list of ingredients because it is easy to make too! It even contains minimal sugar.
Extra virgin olive oil infused with CBD crystals isolate is what we used in this recipe. We put it in the mini-tart’s crust. When trying out this recipe, make use of tablespoons or teaspoons so that the dosage is more accurate. You’ll just love the herbal healing that comes with the delicious taste of these min-tarts!
Apricot Strawberry Mini Tarts with CBD
This recipe makes about 12 mini-tarts. It should take only one hour and forty five minutes.
- Strawberries, thinly sliced
- 1 sprinkle, organic cane sugar
- 1 sprinkle, coconut flakes
- 1 sprinkle, hazelnut meal
- Apricot Strawberry Filling:
- 1/4 cup, water (if necessary, you can put in additional water)
- 1 cup, strawberries, freshly cut
- 2 cups, apricots, dried
- 2 tbsp., CBD oil
- 6 tbsp., coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup, almond butter
- ½ cup, coconut flakes,
- ½ cup, apricots, dried
- 1 ½ cups, oat flour
- 1 ½ cup, hazelnut meal
So you managed to Find the Best CBD Oil, you can start the recipe:
- Prepare your ingredients for the crust. Get a small sauce pan and put coconut oil in it. Heat it until the coconut oil melts. Take it off the heat and move it to a mixing bowl. Whisk the CBD oil into the coconut oil. Put this aside.
- Put the dried apricots into a food processor or blender. Chop the apricots into small pieces. Introduce the CBD coconut oil and chop again. Scrape out any pieces of apricot from the blender. Introduce the almond butter and process again.
- If there is any dough in excess at the blender’s bottom, scoop it out. Introduce 1 cup oat flour and 1 ½ cups hazelnut meal. Using the blender, pulse it. Stir the mixture from time to time with a spoon. Put the mixture inside a mixing bowl. Fold in the last ½ cup oat flour into the mixture. This should not be dry, but moist. Keep covered and put aside.
- It is now time to prepare the filling. Put the cut strawberries and dried apricots into a food processor or blender. Process this until the apricots and strawberries are chopped finely. Take out any excess using a spoon. Pour in ¼ cup of water. Process again. You can push any filling stuck to the blender’s side down using a spoon. You can put in more water if you need to. Keep processing until it is smoothly pureed. When you’re done, pour it into a small bowl. Put it aside.
- Put baking cups into a cupcake pan. Press the crust down the bottom of the baking cups. Keep it even.
- Spoon apricot strawberry filling into the cups. Spread it in a circular motion so it comes out smoothly. The entirety of the crust in the cups must be covered with filling. There should be less crust than filling in the mini-tarts.
- Garnish the mini-tarts with cane sugar, coconut flakes and hazelnut meal. If you want it to stay healthy, just add a dash of these. For something really sweet, add more.
- Freeze it for one to one and a half hours. This is so the mini-tarts will set. The crust should get hard. Once it does, take it out of the freezer. Put thinly sliced strawberries on top of the mini-tarts. Refrigerate them until you need to serve them. Eat well!